SMOKE FROM GENERATOR KILLS!!!

The Nigeria Police Force continue to receive reports of Sudden and Unnatural Deaths (SUD) as a result of inhalation of poisonous smoke from working generating sets. Some of which include:

i. On 01.09.2013 at about 9:00PM, the Police in Cross River State received a report that three female family members (names withheld) were discovered dead in their house at Ikot Omin Calabar. Carbon monoxide emission from a small generator running while they slept off is suspected to have caused the deaths. The bodies were removed by Detectives and deposited at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital mortuary for autopsy while State CID Calabar is on with the investigation.

ii. On 29.08.2013 at about 10:20AM, the Police in Lagos State received a report that one male victim was found dead in his room at Car Wash Bus Stop area Egbeda. The victim suspected to have suffocated as a result of Generator fume that filled his room while he was sleeping. The corpse was removed by Detectives and deposited at General Hospital Igando mortuary for autopsy while State CID Panti is on with the investigation.

Please never place your generator no matter how small in your room/house, close to your windows. Generators in use must be placed in an open space and in such a way that the smoke will not fill your room.

Related Posts

0 comments: